Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Okay!

So life is looking UP. Last night Neema had her baby. They are both healthy and I am going to see them in a few hours. I keep trying to post photos but it's not working, so sorry if there's no baby pic right away. I'll try to get one of the IT guys to help me... Last night I went to dinner with the other interns at an American ex-pat's house. He works with Opportunity and the bank, and he and his wife had 15 American interns over last night. It was great to hear what everyone is doing. There was a girl from the Clinton Foundation and Partners in Health who actually works with Paul Farmer on a daily basis (genius, genius man) and a bunch of teachers who are here on two-year contracts to teach at the school for diplomat and aid workers' kids. A couple other people doing various health care things, and us. It was great, we had fried okra and iced tea (the family is from Arkansas) and it was just what I needed: Some Americans, some southern food, and girl time. And, tomorrow and Monday we are going on field visits to meet some loan groups and see what they are doing, which will be awesome. And, Saturday I'm going swimming at a hotel and to the market to get some passion fruit. In short, things are good and getting better. Must run, I have spreadsheets to translate!

1 comment:

DE Hinton said...

Ellen,

I heard your Mom talking about your adventures on KINK this morning while I was driving to work. It sounds like you are meeting amazing people and that you are settling in quite well. What a great opportunity for you! Have fun, work hard and take good care of yourself. We miss you at home.

Love,
Denise